You should plan to wear or have with you clothing that will be appropriate to the season and location where you will be taking your course. Weather permitting; we will be spending a significant portion of the class time out-of-doors. If you have questions regarding the usual weather where your course will be held, please contact me.
The following list is to SUPPLEMENT the clothing you will be wearing.
- Notebook and pen / pencil
- Raingear tops and bottoms
- Layers of clothing (for practice with scenarios)
- Hat – warm, not made of cotton
- Mittens or gloves if it will be cold out
- Backpack to put everything in
- Water bottles (1qt or 1 liter) for drinking water
- Foot wear for the environment (close-toed shoes for being outdoors/sandals are OK for inside)
HELPFUL ITEMS TO BRING
- Ground cloth or small tarp (6X4 sheet of plastic is fine)
- Sleeping pad (ensolite, ridgerest, thermarest)
Please Note: If you are a WFR Recert taking a WFA, please notify me ahead of time. This course will only recertify current SOLO WFR certifications. You will need to send SOLO proof of your current WFR status along with a small additional administrative fee after the course is complete.
If your WFR is with another school you will need to enroll in a WFR- Recertification class.