Muscongus Bay Overnight: Private Event
Muscongus Bay: Island Camping Overnight Tour
Muscongus Bay launch is 30 minutes from Rockland. It is one of my favorite paddling destinations in Maine. There are many public islands for exploring and camping, sand beaches (by Maine standards), abundant bird life and huge seal colonies.
Included in the tour:
- All Camping Gear ( if you have your own tent, sleeping bag and pad you are welcome to bring them)
- Sea kayaks, PFD’s and paddles
- Instruction – Before launch I will teach basic paddling skills and techniques, and safety considerations.
- Group cooking and kitchen equipment
- All Meals – Lunch on day 1 & 2, dinner and breakfast, snacks and hot drinks.
- Day 1: Wraps with hummus, or chicken salad and lots of local veggies. Fruit and homemade cookies or chocolate
- Day 2: Homemade lobster or crab rolls right from Muscongus Bay, and potato salad
Dinner options: (please choose one)
- Chicken or beef stew (made with local meat and veggies), biscuits from locally sourced ingredients (flour is grown 1 mile from where I live) and local veggies
- Burritos with meat, beans, veggies, guacamole, cheese, salsa, sour cream
- Pesto pasta – locally made pesto (can add chicken, if desired, to make a chicken pesto pasta), garlic rolls, and veggies.
Breakfast Options: (please choose one)
- Maine wholegrain blueberry pancakes with local maple syrup
- Scrambled eggs and veggies (local eggs and veggies)
- Locally grown oats with maple syrup, fruit, nuts and milk
- Locally sourced cheeses, dips, smoked sausage, and crackers
Meeting Time: 8:30 am at the Broad Cove Marine, 374 Medomak Rd, Medomak, ME 04551
Trip Length: 2 full days
Price: $300.00 per person