Women’s Sea Kayaking: Downeast Adventure
Downeast Maine is a unique and magical place. It is remote and wild. Quintessential rocky coast, extreme tides, bountiful wildlife, and rocky outcroppings make this one of our most spectacular adventures. We will camp on Bois Bubert Island. On the Maine Island trail Bois Bubert boasts, cobbled beaches, and a fresh water pond that is a perfect place for a refreshing dip after a day on the ocean.
If wind and weather are in our favor we have the opportunity to paddle to Jordan’s Delight. The west side of the island has vertical cliffs that drop dramatically into the ocean. Paddling around the island we will encounter a stone arch that can be paddle through about an hour before or after high tide.
This trip is designed for those with some paddling experience. You should be comfortable paddling in some choppy conditions.
Included in your Adventure:
- Sea Kayaks, paddles, life jackets, spray skirts & instruction
- Group cooking gear and tents
- Meals starting with lunch on day 1 and ending with lunch on Day 3
- When possible food is sourced from local organic farms
- All food preferences and allergies will be honored
Reservations canceled more than 10 days prior to start date:
- May be rescheduled at no charge OR
- You may receive a refund less a flat $50.00 cancellation fee
Reservations canceled within 10 days prior to start date:
- Are non-refundable.*
- No credits will be issued.
* If there is a waiting list and your spot can be filled you will receive a refund less a $50.00 cancellation fee. If there is no waiting list and your spot cannot be filled no credit will be issued.