Women’s Sea Kayaking: Lobster Buoy
This trip is a bit different than our usual Women’s Sea Kayaking adventures. We will be base camping at Lobster Buoy Campground in South Thomaston Maine.
Launching from Lobster Buoy offers us options for exploring a variety if locations on the Maine coast. Conditions permitting we can paddle out to the Muscle Ridge Islands. One of the most spectacular chain of islands in the Mid-Coast. If the wind is not in our favor we can paddle south toward Tenants Harbor and explore some of the inner islands or paddle North toward Birch Point and Monroe Island (on the Maine Island Trail). The wildlife in June is abundant. Expect to see Guillemots, Osprey, Cormorants, Yellow Legs, Mergansers, Terns, Harbor Seals, and Porpoise.
Also included in this adventure is dinner at McCloons Lobster Shack where you can enjoy a fresh Maine lobster or lobster roll. If lobster isn’t your thing there are other options you can choose from.
Included in your Adventure:
- Sea Kayaks, paddles, life jackets, spray skirts & instruction
- Group cooking gear and tents
- Meals starting with lunch on day 1 and ending with lunch on Day 3
- Lobster dinner at Mcloon’s Lobster Shack
- When possible food is sourced from local organic farms
- All food preferences and allergies will be honored
Reservations canceled more than 10 days prior to start date:
- May be rescheduled at no charge OR
- You may receive a refund less a flat $50.00 cancellation fee
Reservations canceled within 10 days prior to start date:
- Are non-refundable.*
- No credits will be issued.
* If there is a waiting list and your spot can be filled you will receive a refund less a $50.00 cancellation fee. If there is no waiting list and your spot cannot be filled no credit will be issued.